Alternative to Chemotherapy
AB001: Radical Innovation in Immunotherapy
B-cell Centric and T-cell Augmenting Novel Immuno-Oncology
AB001 Novel Immunotherapy
Beyond PD-1/PD-LI Inhibitors
AB001 Unique Features
- Negligible toxicity and no observable side effects
- Targets only cancer cells. No harm to normal cells
- Targets cancer stem cells and degrades them
- Inhibits multiple checkpoints including PD-L1
- Triggers apoptosis via MEK/JAK/STAT via the PI3K pathway
- Inhibits beta-catenin transcriptional activity to overcome the resistance and relapse
- No relapse has been observed in vivo
What is the difference between AB001 and other PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors?
PD-1 inhibitors result in creating a number of serious side effects. AB001 is a B cell-centric and T cell augmentation small molecule which works on both B cells and T cells. Other check point inhibitors deal primarily with T cell empowerment. AB001 induces B cells for the production of tumor clearing antibodies, predominantly IgG1.
“B cells are at the centre of the adaptive humoral immune system … directed against invasive pathogens.” — British Society for Immunology
AB001 PD1/PDL1 Inhibition
AB001 is a novel small molecule inhibitor that actively targets multiple pathways in cancer cells. It targets and binds specifically with PD-L1 on tumor cells and inhibits the downstream signaling of the PD-1 pathway that can restore the normal function of T cells.
Blockage of PD-1/PD-L1 interaction results in the reversal of the exhausted T-cell phenotype and normalization of antitumor response, providing the rationale of targeted therapy. It also stimulates B cells to secrete tumor-eliminating antibodies and inhibits the suppression of regulatory cells by Inhibiting IL-10 and TGF beta.
Pathways Inhibited by AB001
Being a small molecule it easily transverses through the plasma membrane and targets multicellular pathways such as WNT/β Catenin, PI3K, MAPK pathway, which are mainly involved in cellular proliferation survival and resistance.
None of the currently available chemo drugs target cancer stem cells due to their slow-growing ability, fast differentiation and expansion, which are responsible for relapse and recurrence.
AB001 is the first small molecule that eliminates cancer stem cells from the root via the beta-catenin pathway and degrades them. Furthermore, toxicity studies prove the safety of the molecule making it a promising alternative candidate for chemotherapy.
AB001 Overcoming Resistance of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
AB001 B Cell-centric & T Cell Augmentation: Novel Immuno-Oncology
- AB001 induces B cells for the production of tumor clearing antibodies, predominantly IgG1:
- mediating antibody dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC)
- mediating antibody dependent cell-mediated phagocytosis (ADCP)
- facilitating complement activation
- Activation of CD4 helper cells and CD8 cytotoxic T cells
- Inhibition of CD4 regulatory T cells and B regulatory cells
- Inhibition of IL-10, TGF beta which inhibit effector function of T cells
“B cells can also promote differentiation of Th1, Cytotoxic T-cell and can aid in better T cell mediated immune response. The release of Granzyme B can directly kill cancer cells and support the tumor suppressive actions of B-cells in tumor microenvironment. Release of IFNα can stimulate TLR agonist to kill tumor cells through the TRAIL signaling activity” – Sarvaria, Cellular & Molecular Immunology, Aug 2017